Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Touch of Many Things


Happy Sunday!

Maggie is turning 22 on Tuesday and we are taking her out for her favorite dinner tonight -- sushi. She is absolutely loving her spruced up condo and living alone for the first time - ever. I've never seen her happier and that makes Mom happy!!

Last week was so crazy getting out stamps orders that I asked Tom to get me a scroll saw for Mother's Day. He said OK and then today asked if I might want an IPod or flowers. Not really. How about a scroll saw and some new cactus for our cactus garden. Fortunately, Kenny works at Hill Country Water Gardens and they have awesome native Texas plants, etc. there!

Today I had an opportunity to play with several techniques and products. For our Texana Designs Cactus Border stamp, I used Versamark and Rich Cocoa Memento Ink and then embossed it with Ranger Clear. I used the Cuttlebug on the background paper and flowers from my Calypso Tin of flowers. That was really cool! I used Copic markers on our Texana Designs Cactus Border Stamp and around the edge of image with a touch of sponged StazOn Timber Brown and the sun was with my new fiskers squeeze punch, colors with Copic markers and then a touch of Flower Soft on the cactus flower. And, of course, a few bling.

1 comment:

Pam Sivage said...

Happy Birthday Maggie! Another beautiful card, that snake looks tough! I need some of your motivation:)