Wednesday, April 8, 2009

BITTERSWEET MOMENT!



Happy Wednesday! My son, Kenny, is a senior at McNeil H.S. He has been in theatre all 4 years and every production in all 4 years. Last week was his last high school play competition and last production. They performed "Madwoman of Chaillot". Unfortunately, they did not advance, but everyone did a great job. As the year draws to an end, I'm about to complete a chapter in my life. The chapter of public school volunteering. I've been in PTA (mostly officer role) for the last 16 years and Theatre Booster Club Officer for 4 years. It was a great way for me to be part of Kenny's public school experience and I met an extraordinary group of students and parents.

Kenny will begin his new chapter in life at the University of North Texas in the fall. His major will be in psychology and hope to go to grad school and study "sleep disorders."

Maggie continues this chapter in her life with a slight change. She will stay at U.T. at least one more year and get a double major in anthropology/biology so she will have more options for grad school. She has been leaning more toward the study of cephalopods (octupus, squid, etc.) and not just primates. Santa Cruz on Monterey Bay is looking pretty good right now!!! Mom wouldn't mind visiting at all!!

I'm looking forward to the next chapter "It's All About Me" (just kidding). But it's time to focus more on my passion "creating". I'm looking forward to learning new techniques, taking classes, teaching classes, meeting many, many like-minded people, and spending time with the friends I already have in my life!

And, Tom and I would love to continue our travels. We hope the economy works with us on that one!!

4 comments:

ScrapAddict said...

Congrats to ya Mom! You have great kids!!

lorrie said...

I am feeling your nostalgia Jimmye Sue. Graduation right around the corner and changes ahead. I am definitely feeling many bittersweet moments this spring:) Congrats to your son on UNT!

Pam Sivage said...

You can pat yourself on the back, you have reached these milestones well! It is always bittersweet when the last chick leaves the nest, but I am looking forward to that time.

Marie said...

It seems like yesterday when our last one left. It is a whole new life style when it is just the two of you. Think of it as a new chapter in your book of life. Even though the kids grow up and get on with their lives, there is still "No place like home" for them. That doesn't change. Congrats on your upcoming chapters!