Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Different Kind of Creating!!












This has been a labor intensive week at the Mitchell household, but in many ways instant gratification! Today, Tom and I took some time out from the rent house and condo work to plant our tomatoes and bell peppers and do a little pruning. He spent many hours last Spring creating a fern and cactus garden. Lucky for us, Kenny works at Hill Country Water Gardens and we were able to take advantage of his discount and purchase some beautiful pots and plants. Here are some pictures of last year and what we hope our yard will look like again in a few months. We have a huge backyard and have so many dreams and ideas as to what to do with it. We are still in the dreaming stage.

4 comments:

ScrapAddict said...

Oh beautiful! I need to get out in the yard!!

Pam Sivage said...

huge, beautiful yard! All you need is a big pool and hot tub, a gazebo and a big outdoor kitchen and we will be over:)
I have been seeing the tomates planters that hang upside down..wonder if that works!! It would make it harder for our resident snake to hide under!

Libby Hickson said...

I love working in the garden but haven't had much time for it the past few years (since having kids!) - I hope to do more this year. I never know what to plant though, I'm not very good at planning my beds!

Libby Hickson said...

PS - your yard looks gorgeous!!