Saturday, February 28, 2009

Butterfly Card made with Fun Products!


I'm going to try and make a card a day with all these fun new products I've purchase. Today's card is Texana Designs butterfly.
  • I stamped the butterfly with VersaMark and embossed with Ranger Queen Gold.
  • I just received my shipment of Shimmerz and used Aqua Marine, Burgandy, Iced Lavender and Angel Wings to paint the butterfly
  • Someone turned me on to Black Magic ColorCore Cardstock and I just had to try it out. You can sand, tear, and antique it. The one I used is black on one side and purple on the other.
  • I ran the black and purple paper through the Cuttlebug using the Stylized Flowers folder. Then I sanded it so the purple would show through.
  • I tore the butterfly paper and painted the edge with Angel Wings Shimmerz and then tore the Black Magic ColorCore paper.
  • I added a touch of turqoise bling to bring out the Aqua Marine paint on the butterfly.
Who knows what tomorrow will bring. Our class in New Braunfels didn't make, so I will have more time to play!

1 comment:

Libby Hickson said...

This is so pretty! So you already got your Shimmerz, what did you think?? I meant to reply to you sooner and say you're welcome to come over and play with mine before you buy, but of course I was too slow!! It looks so gorgeous on this butterfly!