Thursday, December 11, 2008

CLOSE CALL!!


Good morning friends,

I had a scary phone call this morning. It was from the fraud unit at Chase regarding my VISA card. Around 6:30 this morning, someone made about 5 charges to places like World Singles Service, American Singles Service, and Odyssey Bar. Fortunately, the staff at Chase were on the ball, flagged these purchases and called me. The representative said these were classic examples of fraudulent activity on a card. The "not so good" news is they had to shut down my account. The "good and grateful news" is the representative was so helpful and said they would ship new cards overnight, delete the charges, and dismiss any penalties. The "awesome" news is they caught it within 3 hours of purchases. All this to say, check your purchase activities on a regular basis! It could have been a sad holiday, but thankfully it will be a happy one!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! definitely scary--and a good reminder for all of us!

Marie said...

OMG! I'm so glad they caught it early and you didn't have to suffer any penalties, etc. Thanks for sharing your story.

Pam Sivage said...

OMG! That is really scary. I hear cc theft everyday from LSS owners.So glad Chase was on the ball!!

ScrapAddict said...

Glad to hear it was caught early! those things are scary.